Dear Preschool Parents,
It is my pleasure to welcome you and your child to our Preschool Program. The teachers and staff join me in saying we are happy to have the preschool program as part of our schools. The preschool experience is critical in establishing the importance of education from an early age.
Below is important information regarding changes and updates to the preschool program.
- Fees: Our preschool tuition based program costs $50.00 per month. The tuition pays for your child's spot in the program and payment for scheduled school days is expected regardless of student absence. We contract with DES state childcare for parents who qualify for assistance. In addition, we have scholarships available for qualifying families. Scholarship applications are sent to families of registered children at the beginning of the school year.
- Schedule: The program will operate Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Children will attend either a morning or afternoon session. The morning session is from 8:00am-10:30am and the afternoon session is from 11:45am-2:15pm. Students receiving services through the Special Services Department will also attend school on Tuesday from 8:00am-9:00am. This allows students to receive additional instructional support with our district specialists without missing out on the general education preschool experience.
- Meals: Your child will be offered either breakfast or lunch in the classroom depending on which session he/she attends. An application (one per family) must be submitted yearly in order to qualify for free or reduced meals. Applications are sent home on the first day of school and are also available at any school office.
- Arrival and Dismissal: All children attending the preschool program must be signed in and out by a responsible adult who is listed in the child's records or emergency contact information every day. This person must be at least 18 years old per licensing requirements and use first and last name written legibly. Please be punctual in picking up your children at the designated dismissal times.
- Safety and Security: The preschool gates are unlocked for 10 minutes during arrival and dismissal times. The gates are unlocked from 7:55-8:05 for student drop off, and from 10:25-10:35 for student pick up for the AM session and from 11:40-11:50 fo student drop off, and from 2:10-2:20 for student pick up for the PM session. If you are early or late for drop off or pick up you will need to use the front office entrance.
- Dress Code: At Faras and Clawson Elementary Schools, it is our belief that dressing appropriately and with pride plays a significant role in a student's success in school. For this reason, our school has the following uniform dress code adopted by students, parents, staff, and the community:
Navy blue pants or shorts (Girls may wear jumpers or skirts) at mid thigh length (not denim) with white, navy blue, or maroon polo and collared shirts/blouses, free of writing/designs other than our school logo.
- Transportation: The district does not provide transportation for preschool students except when determined necessary in a child's Special Education plan.
- Other Guidelines: Our program is not licensed to diaper. Therefore, all students must be fully toilet trained.
If you have any questions, please call the school office. We are always ready to help in any way we can.
Pre-School Registration and Enrollment
Due to limited space available in our Faras and Clawson preschool programs, you must put your student on a waiting list for enrollment in the program. Students receiving special education services are given priority, with remaining slots filled in with general education students. General education students attending the three year old program will automatically be re-enrolled the following year unless the parent withdraws the student. If your child is on the waiting list for the three year old program and was not participating in the program due to space limitations and you would like them to participate in the four year old program, they need to be placed on the waiting list for the four year old program. Please see Mrs. Magda Quintero in the office of the Special Services Department, located at 1132 12th street for information on placing your child on the waiting list for the current or next school year.